Product Description & Reviews
The ultra-compact rescueME PLB1 can be easily fitted into your lifejacket or onto a belt taking up minimal space and ensuring it is readily accessible. Wherever you are, at sea, on land, the rescueME PLB1 provides the reassurance that global emergency services can be alerted by the press of a button. The rescueMe PLB1 can be operated with a single hand in even the most challenging situations. A simple spring-loaded flap covers the activation button preventing inadvertent use. rescueME PLB1 works with the only officially recognised worldwide dedicated search and rescue satellite network (operated by Cospas Sarsat). As this is funded by governments there are NO CHARGES to use this service. When activated the rescueME PLB1 transmits your position and your ID to a Rescue Coordination Center via satellite link. Rescue services nearest to your are promptly notified of your emergency and regularly advised of your current location to assist prompt rescue. Should you wish to register your device in the US, please choose our ‘Programmed for US Registration’ listing. For registration outside the US please choose our ‘Programmed for Rest of World’ listing and advise us of your required country of registration after purchase so we can program the device for you. Please note that some countries, such as Spain and Germany, do not allow PLB registration unless registered to a vessel. Users in these countries without a vessel can register their devices in the US if required.
Features & Highlights
- Once the emergency button is pressed your location will be sent to a rescue coordination centre via satellite. This SOS is then diverted to emergency services near to your location to aid rescue. The location will be continuously sent for up to 24 hours.
- rescueME PLB1 provides peace of mind on land or at sea allowing you to alert global emergency services of your location at the push of a button. This comes with comes with a flotation case to allow the device to floatation in a marine environment.
- Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
- Unlike most satellite enabled notification devices, the rescueME PLB1 requires no monthly or annual subscription, making it one of the most cost effective GPS enabled emergency beacons available for long term use.
- All Personal Locator Beacons sold by Orbital Satcom are pre-programmed with the US country code. Whilst they will function anywhere around the world, the first authority to be contacted in an emergency situation would be NOAA with whom the PLB would be registered. Please contact us if you wish to have your PLB shipped with configuration for use in a country other than US.
- Dimensions: Height 77mmm, Width: 51mm, Depth: 32.5mm, Weight: 116g
|Item Weight:||0.35 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 1.27 x 1.27 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.4 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.